Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Free to Choose

Free to Choose (FTC) has been created because I am tired of being a victim of the consequences of my choices! All my life it seems that I have lived in the shadow of my mistakes and bad choices. I have come to realize that every choice, good or bad, has a consequence. I have focused most of my time and energy wallowing in the mire of those consequences. NO MORE! I will now focus my energy on making better choices.

All my life I have struggled with my weight. My weight problems have spilled over into all the other areas of my life as well. Now, at 37, I am seeing the tolls that a life of obesity has taken on my body. I have had enough!

I have come to realize that it is the small, seemly insignificant choices that I make everyday that will make the difference. I am committed to making the small choices that will help me to change for good. I will park at the back of the parking lot. I will not use elevators or escalators but will take the stairs. I will not snack out of the candy bowl at work. I will not have just one more taco. All of these little choices add up to big consequences.

If you feel the same way, join me. The purpose of this blog is to share best practices, articles, ideas, recipes, anything that can help, support, and motivate us to change for good. Not just a fad diet to lose a few pounds, but to really change. Together, we can use or freedom to choose to affect our lives for the better and stop being slaves to our bad choices!

7 comments:

Whit N' Maili said...

Great post!! We're with you on this one.

MomThatsNuts said...

count me in brother and be prepared to weep at my success....


Mom (aka your big sister)

Tia Jones said...

I am also ready to change the horror that has become my body! I want to be healthy and am with you all the way. :)
Tia

Francie E said...

I'm want to be free too! Free from the confines of being obese! I love it!

JJones said...

I guess I am the oldest and most obese of the group but I really think this is all Dad's fault lol. I know there are little people living inside of all these fat bodies. I want out, let's do it!!

MomThatsNuts said...

JJ is that you mommy??? I was going to argue that I am the oldest....

Today I CHOSE to pass the Oreo isle at the store. One small step, but a step non the less

MomThatsNuts said...

Hey guys, I am back up and running, and by RUNNING I mean LITERALLY running...come on, im the oldest one here...someone catch me!!!!

Mom